Thursday, February 9, 2012

Various Artists (2006 / 2010) -Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal / Born Again Funk



Artist: various
Album: Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal / Good God! Born Again Funk
Released: 2006 / 2010
Quality: mp3 CBR 256 / 320
Size: 110 / 123 MB

“I am not religious. Not even a little. So when I listen to gospel music, there is naturally a gap between me and the people singing. But to be irreligious is not necessarily to be without a spiritual side, and music has always been my connection to it. I don't pretend to have answers-- for all I know, the intangible effects of music could be 100% chemistry or the handiwork of an involved god-- but I do know that music has strange powers. It can lift you up, if not to Heaven, then at least out of a funk; it can access places and emotions that you don't get to in daily conversation, regardless of what the singer is actually saying. It can be hopeful without saying anything hopeful, sad without saying anything sad, joyful without saying a word.” ~ Read full review at Pitchfork









Album: Good God! A Gospel Funk Hymnal
Released: 2006
Quality: mp3 CBR 256
Size: 110 MB

Tracklist:
1. Preacher & The Saints – Jesus Rhapsody Part 1 3:19
2. 5 Spiritual Tones – Bad Situation 2:03
3. Mighty Walker Brothers – God Been Good To Me 3:01
4. Masonic Wonders – I Call Him 3:46
5. Mighty Voices Of Wonder – I Thank The Lord 3:17
6. Voices Of Conquest – O Yes My Lord 2:27
7. Gospel Comforters – Jesus Will Help Me 3:01
8. Horace Family – God Will Dry My Weeping Eyes 3:11
9. Trevor Dandy – Is There Any Love 4:30
10. Sam Taylor (3) – Heaven On Their Minds 3:02
11. Triumphs (3) – We Don't Love Enough 3:34
12. Brother John Witherspoon – That's Enough 1:49
13. Shakelford Singers – God Is All Over Me 3:12
14. Cliff Gober – A Poor Wayfaring Stranger 3:25
15. Universal Jubileers – Childhood Days 4:04
16. Modulations – This Old World Is Going Down 3:39
17. Apostles Of Music – Look Where He Brought Us From 3:39
18. LaVice & Company – Thoughs Were The Days 3:05





Album: Good God! Born Again Funk
Released: 2010
Quality: mp3 CBR 320
Size: 123 MB

Tracklist:
1 Pastor T.L. Barrett & Youth For Christ Choir, The – Like A Ship
2 Ada Richards – I'm Drunk And Real High (In The Spirit Of God)
3 Gospel Comforters – Yes God Is Real
4 Golden Echoes – Packing A Grip
5 Lucy "Sister Soul" Rodgers – Pray A Little Longer
6 Gospel Soul Revivals – If Jesus Came Today
7 Brother Samuel Cheatham – Troubles Of The World
8 Victory Travelers – I Know I've Been Changed
9 Jordan Travelers – God Will Answer
10 Inspirational Gospel Singers – Same Thing It Took
11 Sacred Four – Somebody Watching You
12 Andrew Wartts & Gospel Storytellers, The – Peter And John
13 Holy Disciples Of Chicago, Ill. – I Know Him
14 Sensational Five Singing Sons – Share Your Love (With The Master)
15 Little Chris (5) & Righteous Singers, The – I Thank You Lord
16 Sensational Five – Coming On Strong, Staying Long
17 Chicago Travelers – Been Trying
18 James Austin (3) & St. Luke Cogil Youth Choir, The – I'll Take Jesus For Mine


1 comment: