Friday, October 1, 2010

Lizz Wright (2010) -Fellowship



Artist: Lizz Wright
Albums: Fellowship
Released: 2010
Quality: mp3 VBR ~200
Size: 78 MB

The 12-track gospel-tinged record features a number of traditional songs long held sacred by Wright alongside originals by guest performers Angelique Kidjo, Me'Shell Ndegéocello, Joan as Policewoman and social activist and songwriter Dr. Bernice Reagon, among others. Produced by Brian Bacchus, Fellowship is the follow-up to Wright's 2008 record The Orchard, which "CBS News Sunday Morning" declared "one of the best albums of the year" while the Los Angeles Times called it "a creative breakthrough for Wright, whose smoldering, sensual voice now has a vision to go with it." Fellowship continues Wright's celebrated collaboration with acclaimed singer-songwriter Toshi Reagon, who co-produced the new album and wrote/performed on a number of tracks on Wright's previous release. The record features several traditional songs that Wright grew up with in church including "Amazing Grace," "Sweeping Through the City," and a gospel medley featuring "I've Got a Feeling" and "Power Lord." Wright also covers a number of songs by noted writers including "Presence of the Lord" by Eric Clapton and "In From the Storm" by Jimi Hendrix. Dr. Bernice Reagon performs on two tracks, including "I Remember, I Believe" which she composed. ~ www.amazon.com.




Tracklist:
1. Fellowship
2. (I’ve Got to Use My) Imagination
3. I Remember, I Believe
4. God Specializes
5. Gospel Medley: I’ve Got a Feeling , Power Lord, Glory Glory, Up Above My Head, Hold On Just A Little While Longer
6. Sweeping Through The City
7. All The Seeds
8. Presence Of The Lord
9. In From The Storm
10. Feed The Light
11. Oya
12. Amazing Grace

WebSite
MySpace

1 comment: